(Serves 2) Kcal 425 Protein 49g Fat 32g carbs 11g (per serve).
- 60g brown or white sushi or short grain rice (can use microwave rice to save time)
- 1 pack of lean steaks. I have used 170g (each steak) steak medallions. Sliced into long strips.
- 1 large broccoli head (or other green veggies e.g. bok choy, cabbage, etc)chopped into small florets
- 2 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce (optional rice addition)
- Olive oil or spray olive oil if needed.
- 2x cloves of garlic finely diced.
- Sesame seeds (optional to serve).
- Option add some mixed frozen vegetables or more salad ingredients to this recipe to increase the size of the meal.
Bring a pot of boiling water to the boil and cook rice to instructions. Once cooked add the optional soy sauce and stir through.
Pat dry the beef steaks and season with pepper. Heat 1tsp olive oil in the frying pan on high heat. Cook beef strips for 2 minutes to brown. Add teriyaki sauce to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the sauce. Remove from the heat and leave to rest in the pan.
Ideally in a different frying pan heat 1 tsp of oil in the second frying pan on medium to high heat. Add broccoli, garlic, and sesame seeds and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to char. Add a splash of water to the pan and cook for a further minute, until tender. Season to taste.
Serve the cooked rice and broccoli topped with sliced beef and sauce.