(Serves 2) Kcal 383 Protein 45g Fat 3g carbs 43g (per serve).
- 300g of the chicken diced breast.
- 0.5x packet of microwave rice (0.25 of a packet each).
- A mixed ready-made salad that has peppers, cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce leaves included (or if you have time you can make your own version or add extra to a store brought version).
- 200g of fresh spinach
- 80g of quark or total or sour cream
- 1/2 a brown onion diced finely
- 1/2 can of tomatoes
- Curry spices (I would pre-mix this in a batch so you can use these curry spices again) Mix 0.5tsp of ground turmeric, garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin, curry powder, and mustard seeds.
- You can also add finely chopped garlic and ginger to this meal for a more authentic taste (1tsp of each)
- Olive oil or spray olive oil if needed.
- Option add some mixed frozen vegetables to this recipe to increase the size of the meal.
Prep and cook chicken curry by heating 1/2 a tsp of oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat. Cook the onion and garlic/ginger if using) for 1-2 minutes until soft. Add 1-1.5 tsp of the mixed curry spices and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the diced chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned but not cooked through.
Add 1/2 a can of chopped tomatoes and the fresh spinach and lower the heat to a simmer continuing to cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
Remove from the heat and stir in the quark or alternative.
Place the rice into the microwave and cook according to instructions.
Prep the salad onto 2 plates. Once grains are cooked place beside the salad. Then finish by serving the curry on top.